610-987-2248   |   info@berksiu.org

Mental Health Resources for Students

Berks County Mental Health Resources for Students

As a student, it can be overwhelming to navigate life and sometimes you are going through things that no one seems to understand. Here are some websites, phone apps and phones numbers that are here to support you. You are not alone, even though it may feel that way. Go ahead and reach out, someone will be there to answer.

"Re-set, re-adjust, re-start, re-focus as many times as you need to."

How I Feel...

Are you feeling sad, lonely, or depressed?

Did you lose someone close to you?

Are you feeling anxious or nervous?


You deserve a welcoming, loving world.

Check out https://www.thetrevorproject.org/explore/ for resources to support your journey.

Who Can Help?

At School

  • School Counselor- Counselors can help with personal issues. They are trained to be good and thoughtful listeners, give you support when you want to share a problem, talk things through with you, and help you to make good decisions. They can also refer you to other professionals or provide additional support resources if needed.
  • School Social Worker- Social workers help with family issues, positive behaviors, living situations, conflicts, anger management and more. 

  • Teacher- Teachers obviously teach but also can guide you with advice or help to connect you with school personnel or community resources to best support you.

  • Principal- The principal does a lot when it comes to making sure the school it organized for many things but can always take the time to listen if you need them to and address concerns. 

  • Security Guard- Yes it is their job to tell you to get to class, ask if you have a pass, and keep your school safe, but they to can listen to you, assist with safety concerns, and guide you to get the help you may need. 

  • Lunch- The adults that work in the café can help to and if you are comfortable, talk with them. They can guide to the help you may need or lend an ear to listen.

  • Student assistance program also called SAP: SAP is a program that all schools have that can help any student who may need it. Anyone can SAP another student and you can do this by going to anyone in the building and stating you would like to SAP someone.

At Home

Can you talk to mom, dad, a sister, brother, aunt, uncle, or cousin?

Multiethnic College Students Stacking Hands

Community Resources

  • Suicide Hotline: You can text RUOK to talk to someone when you are feeling sad, lonely, depressed or just need to talk, the number is 484-816-7865.

    Visit https://ruokberks.com/ for more information.

  • Submit Anonymous Tips: Are you afraid of something or want to talk about something that is dangerous? You can download the Safe2SaySomething app and send a message safely and anonymously (meaning no one will know it was you) or you can call them at 1-844-723-2729.

  • LGBTQ+ Support: The LGBT Center of Reading can provide support to individuals who feel lonely and isolated with support groups, programs, social groups, and more: https://www.lgbtcenterofreading.com/services.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Google Analytics

Google Analytics

This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information, including the number of visitors and most popular pages.

Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to continually improve our site.