Common Inservice Day for Berks County’s Related Arts Educators is scheduled annually on Columbus Day in October.
Professional development sessions are offered for Art, Berks Area School Counselors Association (BASCA), ESL, Family and Consumer Science, Gifted, Music, Health and Physical Education, Library, Technology Education, and World Languages. A program for school nurses is offered by Berks County School Health Association (BCSHA).
The Berks County Intermediate Unit provides Act 48 hours for all sessions.
2017 COMMON INSERVICE FOR RELATED ARTS EDUCATORS
October 9, 2017 | Registration will start at 7:30 AM. The morning presentation will begin at 8:00 AM (unless otherwise specified in the session description).
- Art: “Gallery Studies and Lesson Swap for Art Teachers at RPM”
(This session will be held at the Reading Public Museum – Registration will start at 8 AM. Session will begin at 8:45 AM.)
- BASCA: Full day sponsored by BASCA. The day will take place at East Penn Manufacturing and will focus on mental health issues and resources from our local health care providers.
- ESL: “Approaches to Curriculum Development for English Learners”
(This session will be held at the BCIU’s main office.)
- Family and Consumer Science: “Food Allergies and Intolerances: Focus on Gluten Intolerance” presented by Stacy Reed, Penn State Extension Educator – Lancaster County and BCTC Overview and Career Exploration
(This session will be held at BCTC East Campus, Oley PA).
- Gifted AM: “Raising Student’s Thinking Skills through Depth and Complexity”
Gifted PM: “Powerful Pre-Assessment, Perfectionism, and The Secrets of Internal Motivation”
(This session will be held at Wilson West Middle School.)
- Health and PE: “Teambuilding, Technology, Fitness and Self Care in Health & Physical Education”
- Library: “Future Ready Librarians”
(This session will be held at Governor Mifflin Middle School.)
- Music: “Playing Your Part: Collaborating Your Way to an Effective Music Department”
(This session will be held at Muhlenberg Middle School)
- Technology AM: Tour of East Penn Manufacturing (Deka) (Time: 9:00-11:30 AM)
Technology PM: Brentwood Industries Tour (Time: 1:30-3:30 PM)
- World Language: “What’s Trending in the CI Classroom”
(This session will be held at BCIU’s Main Office)
>> Click to download a pdf with more information and all workshop details.
For more information about Common Inservice day programs, please contact:
Heidi Gamler – 610-987-8548 – email@example.com
Dr. Christina Foehl – 610-987-8538 – firstname.lastname@example.org