Common Inservice Day for Berks County’s Related Arts Educators is scheduled annually on Columbus Day in October.
Professional development sessions are offered for Art, Berks Area School Counselors Association (BASCA)/Nurses, ESL, Family and Consumer Science, Gifted, Music, Health and Physical Education, Library, Technology Education, and World Languages.
The Berks County Intermediate Unit provides Act 48 hours for all sessions.
Please note: Participants must register for sessions as appropriate through Frontline, formerly My Learning Plan. You can register at the link here.
2018 COMMON INSERVICE FOR RELATED ARTS EDUCATORS
October 8, 2018 | Registration will start at 7:30 AM. The morning presentation will begin at 8:00 AM (unless otherwise specified in the session description).
- Art: “BCAT Goes Hands-on @KU”
(This session will be held at Kutztown University.)
- BASCA/Nurses: “Confronting School Violence Through a Culture of Safety”
(This session will be held at the School of Health Sciences/Tower Health Reading Hospital.) Participants must register with their respective organizations. Further information will be disseminated by BASCA and School Nurses.
- ESL: “Collaborating with Content Teachers: Developing and Facilitating Professional Learning Opportunities in Support of English Learners” presented by Heidi Faust, Faculty Research Assistant, Education Department; Associate Director, TESOL Professional Training Programs
(This session will be held at the BCIU’s main office.)
- Family and Consumer Science: “Branding and Visual Merchandising in the Fashion Industry” presented by Amanda Condict and Sara Nelson, Professors at Albright College
(This session will be held at Alumni Hall at Albright College.)
- Gifted: “Building social-emotional competencies in Gifted Children: A Guide for Educators” presented by Christine Fonseca, Author
(This session will be held at BCTC-West.)
- Health and PE: “2018 Berks County Health & Physical Education Workshop #innovateHPE” presented by Lancaster, Lebanon, Berks Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (LLBAHPERD) and Pennsylvania State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (PSAHPERD, Inc.)
(This session will be held at Exeter Township Senior High School.)
- Library: “Future Ready Librarians” facilitated by Kathleen Murray, Governor Mifflin School District; Bitsy Galaska, Twin Valley School District; Kristin Swanson, Governor Mifflin School District; and Kristin Brumbach, Governor Mifflin School District
(This session will be held at Governor Mifflin High School Library.)
- Music: “Collaborating Your Way… – The Sequel: BEYOND YOUR WALLS” facilitated by Mike Buterbaugh, Reading Musical Foundation Music Education Advisor, and assisted by a team of retired Berks music educators
(This session will be held at Muhlenberg Middle School)
- Technology AM: Tour of GAI-TRONICS
Technology PM: Tour of R.M. Palmer Company
- World Language: “What’s Trending in the CI Classroom” presented by Melissa Koehler, Lauren Lewis and Elizabeth Techman, World Language Educators, Twin Valley School District
(This session will be held at BCIU’s Main Office)
>> Click to download a PDF with more information and all workshop details.
For more information about Common Inservice day programs, please contact:
Heidi Gamler – 610-987-8548 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Dunleavy – 610-987-8496 – email@example.com