The Berks County Intermediate Unit has developed a comprehensive Marketing Communication Plan, a direct product of the 2020+ Strategic Plan, to increase brand awareness, enhance communication efforts, expand marketing initiatives, and strengthen relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. The plan was developed in consultation with the BCIU’s five offices who identified challenges, focus areas, successes, and opportunities in the areas of marketing and communication.
“The development of the Marketing Communication Plan plays a key role in supporting the BCIU’s mission,” said BCIU Executive Director Dr. Jill Hackman. “Tied to the BCIU 2020+ Plan and 80 / 20 concept, it will serve as a blueprint for the BCIU’s marketing and communication strategies for the next five years.”
The plan identifies goals and the actions for achieving these goals to address organizational needs including:
- increasing staff recruitment, engagement, and retention;
- expanding marketing and communication initiatives for specific services and programs within each office;
- communicating branding consistencies across the organization;
- increasing reach of communication initiatives to both internal and external audiences; and
- expanding enrollment marketing initiatives across the organization.
To ensure a consistent brand presence across the organization, new office logos have been introduced. The new logos will create synergy and strengthen office ties to the BCIU brand.
By providing clear and consistent messaging, the BCIU can continue to enhance marketing and communication for the organization. The new BCIU Marketing Communication Plan provides the guidance for the BCIU to strengthen the impact of our messaging and define our mission successfully.