All applicants for employment with the Berks County Intermediate Unit are required to obtain a Federal Criminal History Record. Applicants must follow the following procedures.
The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process, as follows:
- Registration – The applicant must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk-in service is allowed but all applicants are required to complete pre-enrollment in the new Universal Enrollment system.
Pre-enrollment can be completed online or over the phone. The registration website is available online 24 hours/day, seven days per week at https://uenroll.identogo.com. Telephonic registration is available at 1-844-321-2101 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. During the pre-enrollment process, all demographic data for the applicant is collected (name, address, etc.) along with notices about identification requirements and other important information.
When registering online, an applicant must use the appropriate agency specific Service Code to ensure they are processed for the correct agency and/or applicant type. Using the correct service code ensures the background check is submitted for the correct purpose. Fingerprint requests processed through any other agency or purpose cannot be accepted and are not transferrable. If an applicant enters the wrong code by mistake, the incorrect applicant type will appear at the top of the screen. The applicant should select the “Back to Home” button and begin the process again, by reentering the correct Service Code. If the applicant proceeds with the process under the incorrect code, the pre-enrollment and/or results cannot be transferred to another state agency and the applicant will have to start the process over and pay for the background check again.
- Payment – The applicant will pay a fee of $22.60 for the fingerprint service and to secure an unofficial copy of the Criminal History Record. Major Credit Cards as well as Money orders or cashier’s checks payable to MorphoTrust will be accepted on site for those applicants who are required to pay individually. No cash transactions or personal checks are allowed.
- Fingerprint Locations – During the pre-enrollment process, an applicant must select a fingerprint site of their choice. The system will prompt the applicant to select a date/time to be fingerprinted or they may select “walk-in”. If choosing “walk-in”, please note that scheduled appointments take priority.
After the registration process is completed, the applicant proceeds to the fingerprint site of their choice for fingerprinting. The location of the fingerprint sites and days and hours of operation for each site are posted on IDEMIA’s website at https://uenroll.identogo.com
The Berks County Intermediate Unit is a fingerprint site. Regular hours of operations:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Hours of operation are subject to change based on holidays, closings, delays, and summer hours.
- Fingerprinting – At the fingerprint site the Enrollment Agent (EA) manages the fingerprint collection process. The fingerprint transaction begins when the EA reviews the applicant’s qualified State or Federal photo ID before processing the applicant’s transaction. A list of approved ID type may be found on the IDEMIA website at https://uenroll.identogo.com. Applicants will not be processed if they cannot produce an acceptable photo ID. After the identity of the applicant has been established, all ten fingers are scanned to complete the process.
- Report Access – For the public or private school or higher education institution to access the official report via the electronic system, applicants must present their UEID to the hiring entity (as shown on the receipt provided after fingerprint capture). This process allows an applicant to provide multiple potential employers with their UEID, as the report is linked to the UEID number and not assigned to a specific school.
If an applicant has lost their receipt or needs to confirm the UEID, the applicant may visit the UEP website (https://uenroll.identogo.com/) and simply check the status of their file by providing alternate personal information. Applicants will enter their personal information after clicking in the lower portion of that screen to obtain their receipt with the UEID.
Applicants will receive an unofficial copy of their report. However, the school is required to review the official CHRI online and print a file copy of the CHRI if the applicant is hired by the school or their contractor, or if the applicant is approved for student teaching.
More information regarding fingerprinting locations and the process for obtaining an FBI fingerprint based background check report may be found at: https://uenroll.identogo.com.
Applicants and schools with policy questions may contact PDE at (717) 783-3750 or RA-PDE-SchoolService@pa.gov.
Fingerprint Services Customer Service Call Center: 1-844-321-2101.
Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania
Rob Rosenberry – 610-987-8636 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Antonia R. Cramp – 610-898-8956 – email@example.com