High quality pre-kindergarten because every child is Pennsylvania’s future.
BCIU PA Pre-K Counts locations:
- Reading, Muhlenberg vicinity
- Brandywine Heights Area School District
- Conrad Weiser Area School District
- Daniel Boone Area School District
- Exeter Township School District
- Hamburg Area School District
- Twin Valley Elementary Center
ALL families encouraged to apply.
Why should my child attend a high quality pre-kindergarten program?
- Prepare to learn reading and math
- Learn to pay attention, follow directions, and get along with others
- Become excited about school
- Be ready for kindergarten and grade school
- Have a better chance of doing well in school, going on to college or career training, and getting a good job
All of this can start by enrolling your child in a BCIU PA Pre-K Counts classroom!
What can I expect from a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?
BCIU PA Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- Employ teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children
- Use a curriculum that will help your child grow, academically and socially
- Regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child
- Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Offer a small class size so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers
- Provide nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Open five hours daily Monday through Friday from September to June
Who is eligible for BCIU Pre-K Counts?
BCIU PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who:
- Are between age 3 (by 8/31) and the entry age for kindergarten, and
- Live in families earning up to 300% of the federal poverty level (for a family of four earning $73,800 or less).
How much does BCIU PA Pre-K Counts cost?
- BCIU PA Pre-K Counts is free to eligible families.*
- By enrolling your child in BCIU PA Pre-K Counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future.
- The portion of the day that is funded through Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts is free to families.
How can I enroll my child in a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?
We need the following to enroll your child:
- Completed application **
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Copies of your most recent W-2 forms
- Most current physical
- Do you live in the Reading School District? Call 610-987-8613.
Not in the Reading School District? Call Theresa Figueroa at 610-987-8614.
- Or download an application here:
Application Cover Letter – english | español
** PA Pre-K Counts Application – english | español
- Or visit one of these locations to get a paper copy
- BCIU Main Office,1111 Commons Blvd., Reading
- BCIU Learning Center at the Education Centre, 2101 Centre Ave., Reading
- Birdsboro Elementary Center in Daniel Boone Area School District, 400 W 2nd St., Birdsboro
- Brandywine Heights Elementary Center, 445 W. Barkley St., Topton
- Conrad Weiser West Elementary School, 102 S. 3rd St., Womelsdorf
- Muhlenberg Elementary Center, 610 Sharp Ave., Reading
- Owatin Creek Elementary School in Exeter Township School District, 5000 Boyertown Pike, Reading
- Tilden Elementary Center in Hamburg Area School District, 524 West State St., Hamburg
- Twin Valley Elementary Center, 50 Mast Dr., Elverson
Return completed application with copies of all required documents:
- One of the locations listed above; or
- By mail to:
Pre-K Counts Program – Berks County Intermediate Unit
P.O. Box 16050, 1111 Commons Blvd
Reading, PA 19612-6050
- Fax #: 610-898-8905
Do you want to know more? contact:
BCIU Pre-K Counts | firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you live in the Reading School District? Please call 610-987-8613.
If you live in another school district, contact Theresa Figueroa at 610-987-8614.