OFFICE of HUMAN RESOURCES
The BCIU’s Office of Human Resources is a full-service operation providing the intermediate unit’s 1,200+ full-time, part-time, and substitute personnel with a variety of services pertinent to their employment.
Rob Rosenberry is the director of Human Resources, a position to which he was appointed in January 2011. Before joining the BCIU in July 2010, he worked for the Boyertown Area School District as the assistant to the superintendent for human resources. Prior to his tenure at Boyertown, Rob was the director of human resources for the Warwick School District and also worked in the private sector for companies such as Highmark Blue Shield.
Rob graduated from Messiah College with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. He is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management, the Pennsylvania Association of School Personnel Administrators, and the Central Pennsylvania Association of School Personnel Administrators.
>> View the Human Resources programs and services.
The office reports to the BCIU’s executive director and has responsibility for:
- Attendance and Compensation Administration to include managing leaves of absence
- Benefit Plan Administration to include: Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account Program, Healthcare to include COBRA administration, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, Retirement as it relates to purchase of service and waiving membership, Tuition Reimbursement program, Unemployment Compensation, Workers Compensation
- Complying with labor and employment laws to include serving as the Compliance Office for federal, state and civil rights legislation
- Employee relations to include investigations and discipline
- Leading the BCIU Wellness Initiative
- New Hire Orientation Program to include the delivery of mandated training sessions
- Performance Evaluation to include providing guidance relative to performance improvement plans
- Policy and procedure development and administration
- Professional Certification to include: Review and monitor credentials, TIMS application management, Tenure status, Recruitment and Selection
- Recruitment and Selection efforts
- Serving as a resource to constituent school districts and local universities
- Administration of collective bargaining and other employment agreements
Rob Rosenberry – 610-987-8636 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Act 168 Requests: Please email email@example.com