consulting on Integrating technology into the curriculum
The BCIU's Educational Technology Services (ETS) Department consults, designs, and implements the integration of technology into the curriculum to meet the needs of school districts. We offer a staff of trained, certified, and experienced professionals to support educational technology initiatives.
- research, consult, recommend, evaluate, and purchase new software and hardware products such as interactive whiteboards, student response systems, videoconferencing technology, and more;
- consult on technology grants and assist in searching and applying for appropriate grants;
- offer support with a district's technology vision and direction; and
- assist with technology plans and technology budgets.
Jeff Rothenberger - 610-987-8278 - firstname.lastname@example.org
E-RATE DISCOUNT SUPPORT
E-rate* provides discounts to help schools in Berks County obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access.
Four service categories are funded:
- Telecommunications services
- Internet access
- Internal connections other than basic maintenance
- Basic maintenance of internal connections
Discounts range from 20 to 90 percent of the costs of eligible services, depending on economic need and location (urban or rural). Eligible schools and districts may apply individually or as part of a consortium.
Why using an E-rate consultant makes sense
Most school administrators assign the E-rate program duties to the already overflowing plate of a district’s or school’s technology director or business manager. The result can be a last-minute approach to performing time-sensitive filings. This, coupled with a hazy knowledge of the E-rate guidelines, is why so many schools do not receive the full benefit of this $2.25 billion reimbursement program.
Read more about how the BCIU can help you receive these discounts...
*E-rate is the Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism. It is administered by the Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
Terry Davidson - 610-987-8265 - email@example.com